Your body, as well as your mind, may be affected by the emergency.
This can happen immediately after the event, or even months later. Your physical health can affect your state of mind. Do your best to take care of yourself physically. You can get sick if you are run down.
Common physical reactions include:
- tiredness and sleep issues
- shakes, dizziness
- feeling like your heart is racing or pounding
- feeling sick in your stomach
- diarrhoea and vomiting
- tense muscles
- neck and back pain
- females might experience menstrual changes
- big changes in diet
- losing weight
- gaining weight
- no concentration.
- feeling like you’re always annoyed
- some people increase alcohol or drug consumption
- some people start being more risky or dangerous, like they’re out of control
- relationships can be disrupted.